Housing Program
The housing program is designed to ensure that hotels, motels, rental housing, jail and detention facilities in Solano County are safe and sanitary for residents and visitors. Housing facilities such as hotels, motels, jails and detention facilities are issued permits, inspected regularly, and pay an annual operating fee.

Hotels, motels, B&Bs and agricultural homestay facilities are required to submit the Housing Permit Application. 

Applications and fees shall be submitted to the following department:

Department of Resource Management
Environmental Health Division
675 Texas Street, Suite 5500
Fairfield, CA 94533
(707) 784-6765

Online Payments may be submitted; an invoice or permit number is not required to complete payments.  

Useful Resources 
The Housing Health and Safety Code Sections 17920-17928 contains housing rules and regulations. For renter information, visit the Fair Housing website. Supplemental information can be found in the FAQ’s

If you have legal concerns, our office recommends that you contact Legal Aid of Northern California at (707) 643-0054. Another legal resource can be found on the
UD Services webpage.

Fair Housing Napa Valley is able to assist with promoting fairness and equal housing opportunities. They provide comprehensive counseling, educational, enforcement, investigative and referral services for the following programs: Fair Housing, Landlord/Tenant, Mobile Home Park related matters and Disaster Relief/Recover support for the community. Please contact them at (707) 224-9720 or visit their website at

If you have a complaint that may be a threat to the health and safety of an individual or the public regarding a hotel, motel, jail or detention facility, you may submit an online complaint or do so at (707) 784-6765. 

Rental Housing is inspected on a complaint basis from the tenant only. If you have a complaint about health and safety conditions in your unabated home, provide a copy of the written notification that was given to your landlord or property manager at least two weeks prior to your complaint. You may submit an online complaint or do so at (707) 784 -6765.