| || |
Chief Probation Officer
The Probation Department protects the community through services provided to the courts, victims and clients. Whether you are on probation, a victim of crime, interested in a career in community corrections or just curious about the Probation Department, we hope you find this Website useful. The Departmental Functions section provides information about the services provided by each division of the department and includes drug testing hours. The Special Projects section includes links to the Comprehensive Multiagency Juvenile Justice Action Plan and information about our Strategic Plan. You will find a link to currently available employment opportunities in the Recruitment section. If you are a student considering a career in probation or a related field, an internship is a great way to get hands on experience. Learn more in the College Internships Available section.
Probation’s role in community corrections has expanded in recent years and will continue to expand as public safety realignment is implemented in California. We continue to apply research findings to ensure use of programs that have been proven to help clients change their behavior and become productive members of the community. Adhering to these principles of evidence based practice has helped us to use our limited resources as effectively as possible during a time of significant fiscal challenges.
We are always interested in receiving feedback from the community and those we serve, so please do not hesitate to contact us through the Contact Us section.
The mission of the Solano County Probation Department is to serve and protect the community by:
- Conducting investigations for the Court.
- Holding clients accountable.
- Enforcing court orders.
- Supporting victim restoration.
- Facilitating rehabilitation of clients.
- Providing safe, secure, effective and proven detention and treatment programs.
It is our vision to positively impact the community through commitment to our mission and evolving best practices.
The Solano County Probation Department is committed to:
- Treating our employees as our most valuable resource in accomplishing our mission.
- Providing quality services in a professional and fiscally responsible manner.
- Building partnerships in and with the community.
- Providing innovative, effective programs and services.
- Maintaining loyalty to the mission and vision of the department with the highest ethical standards.
- Enhance, maintain, and deliver a high level of innovative and quality services and programs.
- Ensure a sufficient number of well trained staff to fully accomplish the goals and mission of the Department.
- Enhance and expand victims' services and the restoration of victims.
- Improve and efficiently use relevant technology.
- Advance communication and collaboration, internally and with partners.
Website last updated on November 10, 2020