| || |
|Temporary Emergency Dwelling with Temporary Power|
A Temporary Emergency Dwelling (TED) with Temporary Power is permitted for emergency replacement housing on any lot where a dwelling is destroyed due to fire, flood, or other disaster for a period of up to 18 months (Solano County Code, section 28.72.20(B)(3)) and meets the following conditions:
Application: Temporary Emergency Dwelling Building Application
- Property must have the Certificate of Completion issued by Environmental Health for Phase II Disaster Debris Removal
- Occupancy limited to persons who previously resided onsite in a damaged/destroyed residence and are now displaced
- Residency verification must be provided upon request
- One (1) TED is allowed per destroyed residence, not to exceed a maximum of two (2) TEDs per parcel
Type of Temporary Emergency Dwelling (TED): The TED shall include provisions for sleeping, eating, cooking, and sanitation.
- Recreational Vehicle (RV): A motor home, travel trailer, fifth-wheel, truck camper, or camping trailer with or without motive power, designed for human habitation and emergency occupation.
- Mobile home/ Manufactured Home: A structure certified under the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974 and designed for, or occupied exclusively by, one family.
- Minimum 30 ft. setback from the property line
- Minimum 100 ft. setback from any disaster debris located on a parcel that has not completed Phase II cleanup
- A TED shall not be placed in any easements
Signage Requirement: The existing address for the property shall be placed on a sign at the driveway entrance to the property and again, within 10 feet of the TED location. If the driveway branches off, a sign shall also be placed at the intersection indicating the direction to the TED. Per Section 505.1 of the 2019 California Fire Code, lettering shall be a minimum of 4 inches in height with a 0.5 inch stroke on a reflective or contrasting background. Existing / surviving address signs or markers will satisfy the driveway entrance signage requirement.
Water: TED shall be supplied potable water by the following means:
- Connection to an approved Public Water System
- Connection to an existing water well on the parcel. Connection to an existing well requires inspection by Environmental Health to verify the water well is undamaged and use of the water well will not potentially contaminate the aquifer. It is recommended that bacteriological sampling of the water well is performed prior to connecting and residence may consider also testing for organics if the well has been damaged by fire
Sewage: The Temporary Emergency Dwelling shall utilize one of the following approved methods of sewage disposal:
Site Plan: Please provide a fully dimensioned site plan which clearly shows the following:
- Connection to an existing onsite sewage treatment system (OWTS). Verification from a septic professional that the system is operating properly, a tight line permit and inspection by Environmental Health are required prior to TED connection to an existing OWTS.
- Temporary holding tank serviced under contract with an approved pumping company for regular pumping provided that a sanitation or nuisance issue is not created. A copy of the contract shall be provided to the Solano County Environmental Health Services Division.
- The property lines and any easements on the property
- The proposed location of the Temporary Emergency Dwelling (TED)
- The location of the wastewater facilities, ie. the proposed connection to the existing septic system or location of holding tank
- The location of the potable water lines, ie. the proposed connection to a Public Water System, existing private well, or potable water holding tank
Use of a TED may be denied/revoked at any time if the Interim/Director of Resource Management determines that any of the above conditions have been violated; or that use of the TED is detrimental to public health, safety, or general welfare or as to be a public nuisance; or information provided to the County to allow a TED is fraudulent