| || |
|Community Affairs|Solano County Veterans Discount ID Card
The Solano County Veterans Services Office offers veterans a Veterans Discount ID Card that easily identifies veterans to merchants who offer discounts or special promotions to veterans. Bring a copy of your DD Form 214 to the Veteran Services Office on the second floor of the County Administration Center, 675 Texas St. in Fairfield. Click here for a list of merchants who offer veteran discounts.
Veterans Events & Meetings
This information is provided by the Solano County Military and Veterans Affairs Committee. To get items listed on Upcoming Veterans Events, email details to: [email protected] The Solano County Military & Veterans Affairs Committee meets on an as needed basis to address matters of concern to the veteran and military communities. If you have an issue that you would like to bring to the attentin of the Committee, please contact the Veterans Service Officer at 784-6590.
Check back often for future events
Benicia Memorial Veterans Hall
1150 First St., Benicia 94510
Dixon Memorial Veterans Hall
- American Legion Post 101 meets the second Wednesday of every month.
- VFW Post 3928 and it's Ladies Auxilliary meet the first Wednesday of every Month with a pot-luck dinner starting at 6:00 P.M. followed by the meeting at 7:00 P.M.
For additional information contact: VFW Post 3928 Commander - Ernest Gutierrez Ernie Gutierrez.
American Legion Post 101 Commander - Leroy Miller Leroy Miller.
231 North First St., Dixon 95620
Additional details and events: Dixon Veterans or call 678-6308.
Fairfield-Suisun Memorial Veterans Hall
- American Legion Post 208 and Auxiliary Unit 208 meet 1st Wednesday of the month, 7 p.m.
- VFW Post 8151 meets 3rd Thursday of the month, 7:30 p.m.
427 Main St., Suisun City 94585
Additional details and events, call 429-3110 or email Suisun Veterans.
For additional information contact Royall Park at (707) 434-8055 or email John Waddell at [email protected].
- American Legion Post 182 meets 2nd Wednesday of the month, 11 a.m., Jack & Linda's Country Café, 2390 N. Texas St., Fairfield.
- DAV Chapter 81 meets 3rd Saturday of the month, 10 a.m.
- VFW Post 2333 meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, 7:30 p.m.
- Simmons-Sheldon VFW Post 2333 serves Breakfast at the Veterans Memorial Building, 427 Main Street, Suisun City, CA on the 2nd Saturday of each month.. Doors open at eight AM and close at eleven AM or until everyone is fed. Cost is $4,00. Come join a great group of veterans, the conversations are great.
Rio Vista Memorial Veterans Hall
610 St. Francis Way, Rio Vista 94571
Vacaville Memorial Veterans Hall
- VFW Post 11389 meets 2nd Tuesday of month, 7 p.m. Additional details and events, call VFW Post 11389 at 374-6682.
- American Legion Post 178 - information not available.
549 Merchant St., Vacaville 95688
Additional details and events: Call 447-6354 or go to Vacaville Veterans
- American Legion Post 165 meets 1st Tuesday of the month, 7:30 p.m.
- American Legion Auxiliary 165 meets the 1st Monday of the month, 2 p.m.
- DAV Chapter 84 and its Auxiliary meet the 3rd Saturday of the month, 10 a.m.
- AMVETS Post 1776 meets the 3rd Monday of the month, 7 p.m.
- Brotherhood of Vietnam Vets meets the 3rd Saturday of the month, 6 p.m.
- VFW Post 7244 meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month, 7:30 p.m.
- United Veterans Memorial Association meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:30 p.m.
Blue Star Mothers of America, Chapter 11, Vintage Valley Blue Star Moms. Meetings are the 2ndTuesday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Orchard Baptist Church, 301 North Orchard, Vacaville, CA. For more information visit http://www.solanobluestarmoms.org/home
Vallejo Memorial Veterans Hall
420 Adm. Callaghan Lane, Vallejo 94591
- Mare Island Base, SubVets Inc. meets 3rd Saturday of Month, 11 a.m.
- VFW Post 1123 meets 1st and 3rd Mondays
- American Legion Post 550 meets 1st and 3rd Wednesday
- American Legion Post 603 meets 2nd Friday
- Disabled American Veterans Chapter 21 and its Auxiliary meet at 10 a.m. on the 4th Saturday of the month.
- Military Order of the Purple Heart, Chapter 95, meets the 1st Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
NAUS, Pacific Gateway Chapter 4
Additional details and events, call 422-5042 or go to NAUS.
Military Officers Association of America
- Meets 1st Saturday of the month, 10 a.m., Family Support Center, Travis AFB
Air Force Association
- Solano County Chapter meets 4th Thursday of month (except July & August) for lunch and/or dinner (varies), Travis Conference Center, Travis AFB. For Information Contact: Lt Col Herm Wilson, USAF, Ret 707.422.4780 or e-mail [email protected]
- Legislative contact: LT Ken Barden, USNR, RET 707.552.3253 or e-mail [email protected]
Additional details and events, call 422-6279 or email Air Force Association.
- Chapter 113 meets 3rd Friday of the month, noon, Delta Breeze Club, Travis AFB