SolanoHelps is a simple and convenient way to find out if you might be eligible for several programs that serve families and children in Solano County.

While SolanoHelps cannot guarantee whether or not you qualify for these services, you are strongly encouraged to apply for any service for which you feel you may be eligible.

Should you have questions about any of the programs represented on the site, Solano County residents can dial 211 to get additional information.


CalFresh helps you buy food. Whether you live alone or live with others, whether you have children or not, sometimes you can't pay all the bills and still have enough money to buy food. That's when CalFresh benefits can really help. You may be eligible!
Solano County Residents can dial 211

The WIC program is a nutrition program for women, infants and children. WIC helps families by providing checks to buy healthy foods from WIC-authorized vendors, nutrition education and help finding healthcare and other community services. Participants must meet income guidelines and be pregnant, new mothers or children under age five. Active military families may also qualify. You may be eligible to receive WIC services. If you live in Solano County, to find out more information about WIC call (707) 784-8130. If you live outside of the Solano County, call 1-888-942-9675 to find a WIC office near you.
You can click on the link below to download WIC referral forms WIC Forms

The CalWORKs Welfare to Work Program provides temporary cash assistance to families with children while promoting self-sufficiency through employment and personal responsibility. Solano County Residents can dial 211

Medi-Cal is public health insurance program, which provides needed health care services for low-income individuals including families with children, seniors, persons with disabilities, foster care, pregnant women, and low income people with specific diseases such as tuberculosis, breast cancer or HIV/AIDS. Medi-Cal is financed equally by the State and federal government. Solano County Residents can dial 211

The IHSS Program will help pay for services provided to you so that you can remain safely in your own home. To be eligible, you must be over 65 years of age, disabled, or blind. Disabled children are also eligible for IHSS. Contact (707) 784-8259

Healthy Families is low cost insurance for children and teens. It provides health, dental and vision coverage to children who do not have insurance and do not qualify for free Medi-Cal. Solano County Residents can dial 211

The County Medical Services Program (CMSP) is a joint county / state program that provides medical and dental care to individuals between 21-64 year of age , who live in Solano County. Solano County Residents can dial 211

The Child Health and Disability Prevention Program is a preventive health program serving California's children and youth. CHDP provides well child physical exams to children and youth and follow-up on conditions found during those exams. (707) 784-8670

California Children’s Services is a statewide program that arranges, directs, and pays for medical care, equipment, and rehabilitation when these services are authorized by the program. Services can be authorized for children and young adults under 21 years of age who have CCS-eligible medical conditions and whose families are unable to pay for all or part of their care. CCS defines eligibility and selects the most qualified professionals to treat the child’s CCS-eligible condition. However, it is important for you to know that CCS is not a health insurance program and will not meet or pay for all of your child’s health care needs. CCS covers only those health care needs related to your child’s CCS-eligible condition. (707) 784-8650

VA home loans for active, retired or reserve military. These Government assisted loan programs offer very low rates and low or no money down. (707) 784-6590

The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) provides a broad spectrum of medical, surgical, and rehabilitative care to its customers. (707) 784-6590

Section 8 is a long term rental assistance program designed to help families pay their rent. Although you may qualify, there is a wait list. (707) 449-5675

Your children may qualify for free or reduced lunches at school through the National School Lunch Program. Please contact your local school district for more information.

The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) provides financial assistance to eligible households to offset the costs of heating and / or cooling dwellings.

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program designed to help aged, blind or disabled people to meet basic needs for food, clothing and shelter.

The federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a refundable tax credit that supplements the earnings of low-income workers. You must file a federal income tax return to claim the EITC. You can even get a check back if you don't owe any taxes.