|Legal Document Assistant
|A Legal Document Assistant is any person who provides, or assists in providing, or offers to provide, or offers to assist in providing, for compensation, any self-help service to a member of the public who is representing themselves in a legal matter, or who holds themselves out as someone who offers that service or has that authority. This shall not apply to any individual whose assistance consists merely of secretarial or receptionist services.
|Registering as a Legal Document Assistant
- Complete registration form Legal Document Assistant Application (forms are also available at the County Clerk's office)
- Provide all supporting documentation as requested in the application form
- Legal Document Assistant bond in the amount of $25,000.00
- Valid picture identification
- Pay all applicable fees (schedule of fees)
- Appear in person at the County Clerks Office with all required documents and valid form of payment for all fees.
|In order to have your bond recorded the same day please be in our office no later than 2:15 pm. Please allow at least 45 minutes to process your registration.