|Child Welfare Services
Child Welfare Services intervenes on behalf of children who need protection from abuse and neglect. The ultimate goal of protective services is to preserve the family, whenever possible. Functions include: adoption assistance, foster home licensing, placement assessment, and independent living guidance. Child Welfare Services provides a 24-hour hotline to report incidents of abuse or neglect: 1-800-544-8696.
Vision and Mission
The mission of the Solano County Child Welfare Division is to protect children from abuse and neglect by strengthening their families or finding safe, permanent homes so that they can grow into healthy productive adults.
Values for Permanency of Children and Youths
Solano County values:
- Maintaining children safely in their homes
- Reunifying children with their families
- Including maternal and paternal families in planning for permanency
- Nurturing, supporting and maintaining family connections
- Placing children/youth with family members as the first choice
- Preserving and sharing family information and history with children and youth
Visit the Solano County Network of Care webpages for information on Children & Family Services - http://solano.networkofcare.org/