Registrar of Voters – Voter Registration

Am I qualified to be a registered voter?
If you meet the following:

  • A U.S. citizen
  • A resident of California
  • Not currently in state or federal prison for the conviction of a felony (for more information please see Voting Rights: Persons with a criminal History
  • At least 18 years of age on the date of the election (A person may register to vote at age 16 or 17 if they meet all of the other eligibility requirements and will be automatically registered on their 18th birthday)
  • Not currently found mentally incompetent to vote by a court (for more information please see: Voting Rights: Persons Subject to Conservatorship)

Am I registered to vote?
You can look up your registration status by using our online service below.

Registration Status Lookup

Can I register to vote online?
Yes. You can register to vote online. 

Online Voter Registration Form

How often do I have to re- register?
You will only need to re-register when:
• You move
• You change your name
• You change your political party affiliation

I am a new citizen and voter registration is closed, are there any exceptions?
Yes, a person who becomes a new citizen within 7 days after registration closed may vote in the local office but will also need to provide proof of citizenship prior to voting. The new citizenship must have been issued between the 7 days. Before or after that timeframe you will not be able to vote in the current election.

I have moved do I need a new registration card?
Yes, note any changes to your address, name, or political party and you  may re-register at any of the following locations:

  • All offices of the Department of Motor Vehicles
  • All City clerk’s offices
  • Public Libraries
  • Post Offices
  • Registrar of voters office
  • Register to Vote Online

I just moved to California and Solano County. Voter registration is already closed are there any exceptions?
Yes, any resident can appear at the Registrar of voters office after the close of registration use the conditional voter registration process to cast a ballot. Our staff will perform the necessary registration checks, and issue the correct ballot to you. This option is only available at the registrar of voters' office at 675 Texas St, Fairfield. Please call 707-784-6675 for additional details.

I need to cancel my Voter Registration. How can I do this?
A Voter Registration Cancellation Request Form is available on our website. You can return this application via email at [email protected] or mail it the Registrar of Voters at:

Registrar of Voters
675 Texas Street Suite 2600
Fairfield, California 94533

It can also be returned by fax at: 707.784.3894

I registered at DMV and the county says I''m not registered. What can I do?
You must go to the Registrar of Voters' office and complete a new registration form. You will be able to cast a ballot once your registration is validated in our system. Please call 707-784-6675 for additional details.

If I cannot go and get the form can I register by mail?
Yes. You may call the Registrar of Voters office at (707)-784-6675, (888)-933-VOTE (8683) or the Secretary of State at 1-(800)-345-VOTE and a registration form will be mailed to you.

You may also register to vote online.

There seems to be some variation with my mailing address or I need some sort of voter documentation.
Please contact our office during business hours: 707-784-6675.

What is the deadline to register to vote?
The voter registration deadline is 15 days before an election. Voters who miss this deadline can still complete a conditional voter registration form at the Registrar of Voter's office and will be able to cast a ballot in-person at our office. Please call our office for additional information: 707-784-6675.

Where can I register to vote?
You can register to vote at our Fairfield office located at:
675 Texas Street Suite 2600

You can pick up registration forms at the following locations.
• All offices of the Department of Motor Vehicles
• All City clerk’s offices
• Public Libraries
• Post Offices
• Registrar of Voters office 

Why am I showing Inactive?
An inactive voter means a voter for whom a county has received returned mail through the United States Postal Service National Change of Address database. You will need to contact our office at (707)784-6675.
Note: If you do not vote in two consecutive Federal general elections you are subject to cancellation of your voter registration

Show all Categories