| || |
|Solano County Planning Commission|
|Department Support |
|Resource Management |
|Contact Person |
|Allan Calder, Planning Manager |
Jamielynne Harrison, Administrative Assistant
|(707) 784-6765 (707) 784-4805 |
|Committee Formed |
|October 14, 1936 - California Government Code §65100 and Chapter 2 of the Solano County Code, Article II, Division I |
|Responsibilities and Duties |
- Develop and maintain a general plan.
- Develop such specific plans as may be necessary or desirable.
- Periodically review the capital improvements program.
- Perform such other functions as the Board of Supervisors may provide.
- Hold a public hearing and recommend to the Board of Supervisors amendments to the zoning ordinance, including reasons for the recommendations and the relationship to applicable general and specific plans.
- Conduct public hearings and recommend to the Board of Supervisors the adoption of ordinances regulating land use.
- Report as to conformity with the general plan before the county or a city acquires or disposes of any real property.
- Assure consistency of the zoning ordinance with the general plan.
- Hear and decide applications for conditional uses, other permits required by the zoning ordinance and other duties such as design review that are authorized by county ordinance.
- Conduct hearings and to make findings and recommendations to the Board of Supervisors pertaining to environmental documents, rezonings, subdivisions, agricultural preserves and general plan amendments.
|Five members serving four year terms. |
|Special Qualifications |
|Each Planning Commissioner is appointed by each Board member of the Board of Supervisors. |
|Member Compensation |
|Yes - $100.00 per meeting |
|Current Appointments |
|Term Expires |
|District 1 - Loretta Gaddies ||2/9/25 |
|District 2 - Paula Bauer, Chair ||1/31/25 |
|District 3 - Kelly Rhoads-Poston ||1/31/23 |
|District 4 - Kay Cayler ||1/31/23 |
|District 5 - Vacant || |
|You can contact the Planning Commission by email at [email protected] |