| || |
|California Children’s Services (CCS)|CALIFORNIA CHILDREN'S SERVICES (CCS)
California Children's Services (CCS) is a countywide program that treats children birth to 21 years of age with certain physical limitations and chronic health conditions or diseases. CCS is not a health insurance program. CCS can authorize and pay for specific medical services and equipment provided by CCS-approved specialists with prior authorization. In addition, CCS offers a medical therapy program that provides occupational and physical therapy services to medically eligible children. CCS will not meet all of your child’s health needs, only those related to the CCS eligible condition.
Only certain conditions are covered by CCS. In general, CCS covers medical conditions that are physically disabling or require medical, surgical, or rehabilitative services. There also may be certain criteria that determine if your child's medical condition is eligible. Listed below are categories of medical conditions that may be covered and some examples of each:
- conditions involving the heart (congenital heart disease)
- neoplasms (cancers, tumors)
- disorders of the blood (hemophilia, sickle cell anemia)
- endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases (thyroid problems, PKU, diabetes
- disorders of the genito-urinary system (serious chronic kidney problems)
- disorders of the gastrointestinal system (chronic inflammatory disease, diseases of the liver)
- serious birth defects (cleft lip/ palate, spina bifida)
- disorders of the sense organs (hearing loss, glaucoma, cataracts)
- disorders of the nervous system (uncontrolled juvenile seizures, Parkinson’s Dystonia)
- disorders of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissues (rheumatoid arthritis, muscular dystrophy)
- severe disorders of the immune system (HIV infection)
- disabling conditions or poisonings requiring intensive care or rehabilitation (severe trauma head, brain, or spinal cord injuries, severe burns)
- complications of premature birth requiring an intensive level of care
- disorders of the skin and subcutaneous tissue (severe hemangioma)
- medically handicapping malocclusion (severely crooked teeth)
Program Eligibility Family income must be less than $40,000 or Child's out of pocket medical costs are expected to exceed 20% of family's adjusted gross income or Child has Medi-Cal or insurance that has appropriately denied a medical treatment.
Child must have a medically eligible condition (see FAQ's) and
Child must live in Solano County and
(There is no financial eligibility requirement for therapy services)
Information for Providers
CSS offer providers:
- assistance with becoming a CCS approved provider
- help with navigating the CCS/Medi-Cal system
- expedite authorizations, claims approval and processing
- information on client eligibility status
- outreach and education
The CCS referral form can be completed by anyone. However, the CCS application for services must be completed by the parents or legal guardians.
Referrals and applications are accepted by phone, mail, or fax. Please be sure to submit both the referral and the application form.
Read more about the CCS Referral form and the CCS Application.
California Children's Services (CCS)
275 Beck Ave, MS 5-175
Toll Free: 1-800-826-3452