I am honored to serve the citizens of Solano County and thank you for having the confidence in me to elect me Assessor/Recorder.
As your elected representative, I am committed to ensuring good public service and want you to receive a certified copy of birth, marriage or death certificate in a timely manner.
On behalf of the staff, I would like to welcome you to our Vital Records website.
Copies may be requested on-line, by mail or in person. Please follow the instructions below.
Any time that you have a question or concern, please contact my office and staff will be happy to assist you. Thank you.
Important Please Read....
FEE INCREASE - EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2014 See note in RED below.
Certified Copies of Birth, Death & Public Marriage Certificates, for events which happened in Solano County, may be ordered either: IN PERSON; ON-LINE, OR BY MAIL.
(Copies of Confidential Marriage Certificates must be obtained from the County Clerk's Office.
If you were adopted, please state on your application that you were adopted and include your mother's maiden name. If you were adopted and want a copy of your original birth certificate, you will need to obtain a court order and submit the request to the State Office of Vital Records in Sacramento.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * PLEASE NOTE: Effective January 1, 2014, the fees for Certified Copies of Birth, Death and Fetal Death records will increase by $5.00. Birth Certificates will be $30.00, Death Certificates wil be $23.00 and Fetal Death Certificates will be $18.00. Marriage Certificates will increase by $1.00 to $17.00. This increase is pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 103625 (a) and (b) as amended by Assembly Bill 1053 and Assembly Bill AB 110.
Any requests that are not received (incuding sworn statement) by 12:00 noon (PST) on December 31, 2013, run the risk of being rejected due to insufficient fee. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * MARRIAGE LICENSE - PLEASE NOTE: After your marriage has taken place, the Marriage License must be REGISTERED with the Vital Records Division of the Assessor/Recorders Office.
You may DROP OFF your marriage license for registration Monday through Friday between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm, excluding holidays.
Licenses that are received during the week, are registered the following Monday and Tuesday, PROVIDED REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS ARE MET. If all requirements were met for registration the certificate will be available for pick up on Wednesday. For Licenses submitted by mail, please allow 2 to 3 weeks for processing.
If the license does NOT meet registration requirements, it will be returned to the Officiant for correction. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
TO APPLY IN PERSON:
Vital Records is open to the public Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 4:00pm. In most cases when applying in person, you will receive the certificate while you are here. Please note that on rare occasions Vital Records may need to request a copy from the State Office of Vital Records which could take up to an additional two (2) weeks. Please bring your photo I.D. and the appropriate fee.
Ordering by Mail
Birth Certificate (for adoptions, see below)
Send $25.00 along with completed application and notarized sworn statement
Send $18.00 along with completed application and notarized sworn statement
Send $16.00, along with completed application and notarized sworn statement
For your convenience you may process online requests for birth, death and marriage records through an independent company, VitalChek Network, Inc. that the Recorder partnered with to provide you this service. There is a $7.00 charge by VitalChek plus the cost of the certified copy. All major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover® MasterCard® or Visa®. The appropriate application form will need to be completed and signed before a notary public, then mailed or faxed to Solano County's Vital Records Office. Fax: 707-784-9002.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, YOU MAY PLACE YOUR ORDER ONLINE:
PROCESSING TIME FOR ONLINE ORDERS IS 2 to 3 WEEKS.
1. Your order cannot be processed until your notarized sworn statement is received. Orders are processed in the order in which the sworn statement was received, and may take up to 3 weeks. If you faxed your sworn statement and would like to confirm receipt, please email Vital Records at Recorder@solanocounty.com, and we will respond back via email at our earliest convenience. Our Office will not confirm receipt of faxes over the phone.
2. When submitting your application through VitalChek, you will be given the option to have your certificate sent regular mail or by Federal Express. (By selecting Federal Express delivery DOES NOT expedite the processing of your request, but is just an optional delivery method.) Please note that if you select Federal Express, a signature is not required for delivery. If you prefer that you sign for the delivery, please make a notation on your sworn statement requesting “Signature Required” for Federal Express. Three attempts will be made to deliver your package before returning it to Vital Records. Once a package is returned to Vital Records, you will be responsible for any return charges.
3. If there are any issues regarding your application, Vital Records will contact you via email. You may also check the status of your order by submitting an emaill to Recorder@solanocounty.com
PROCESSING TIME FOR ONLINE ORDERS IS 2 TO 3 WEEKS.
For convenience, if you would like to place an online order, please go to http://www.vitalchek.com/, or click on the link below.
If you would like to mail in your request, you can download the appropriate application below. Please have your sworn statement notarized and include a pre-printed check or money order made out to "VITAL RECORDS". PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHECK IS "PRE-PRINTED" WITH YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS. Upon receipt of the completed application with payment included, your order will be processed.