Human Resources - Employment Opportunites

Where is your office located?

We are located at 675 Texas Street, Suite 1800, Fairfield, CA 94533

What is the fax number?

Our Recruitment fax number is (707) 784-3424

Where can I find out about job openings?

Please visit our website at for a list of current recruitments. Job announcements are also available in our office, located at 675 Texas Street, Suite 1800, Fairfield, CA

What is an ‘open and continuous’/ ‘open until filled’ position?

This means that the recruitment is ongoing until we find the right candidate(s) for the job.

The job I am interested in isn’t open. How can I find out when the job will be available?

On our website, you have the ability to request to be notified when specific recruitments are opened. Click on the link labeled Notify Me of New Jobs and follow the instructions. You will be sent an email when the recruitment opens inviting you to apply.

I don't have a computer. Where can I find a computer to complete my application?

You are welcome to use any of the public access computers at your local library. We also have computers available in our lobby for county job applications. Our office is located at 675 Texas Street, Suite 1800, Fairfield, CA 94533.

How do I apply for a job?
Online applications are available at  Just click on the position you are interested in and follow the link to the online job application.

What if I dont have an email?

Email Service


How to Sign Up

Google Gmail

Click on “Create an account”

Microsoft Outlook

Click on “Sign up now”

Yahoo Mail

Click on “Mail,” then click on “Create Account”


Click on “Get a Free Username”


Once you have an email address you are ready to create a Solano County JobAps account and apply for current job openings. 

What is the status of my application?

You can check the status of your application anytime by logging on to your JobAps account. You can also view any notices sent to you on your JobAps account.

Can you check my application to make sure it’s alright?

Unfortunately, we are unable to check applications for accuracy or completeness. Please refer to the specific job announcement for application and supporting documentation requirements and check your application carefully before submitting it.

Where do I get a typing certificate or Microsoft Word/Excel certificate?

Many temporary staffing agencies will administer the exam and issue a certificate. We recommend that you bring a copy of the job announcement with you to the temporary staffing agency to ensure that they are issuing the correct certificate. Please note that we do not accept certificates issued from an online (internet) source.

What are the requirements for a typing or other Microsoft Word/Excel certificate?
The certificate must be signed by the agency administering the exam. The certificate must not be more than 12 months old at time of application. We do not accept certificates issued from an online source. Any version of Microsoft Word or Excel is acceptable, but please refer to the job announcement for the minimum skill level required.

I just applied for another position. Can you use the documentation from my first application?

Each recruitment is processed separately, so please follow the document submittal guidelines for each application. Unfortunately, we are unable to transfer documents between job applications.

Do I need to submit a DD214?

You only need to submit a DD214 if you have served in the military and wish to claim Veterans' Preference Points. To be eligible, applicants must have served at least 181 consecutive days of active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States and have received either an honorable discharge or a general discharge under honorable conditions. A copy of the DD214, showing discharge type, must be received in the Human Resources Department by the final filing date.

Veteran applicants for initial County employment with an honorable or general discharge under honorable conditions shall have five (5) points added to their combined score. Disabled veterans (rated at not less than 30% disability) shall have ten (10) points added to their combined score. Veteran preference points will only be added to passing scores in competitive open examinations.

Where is the fax cover sheet?

You can find the documentation cover sheet in PDF form at Please ensure that your internet settings allow pop-ups from our website in order to print/download our cover sheet. Our recruitment fax number is (707) 784-3424.

I am trying to attach my documents to my application, but its not working. How do I submit them?

You may fax your documents to 707-784-3424, email them to or mail them to Human Resources, 675 Texas Street, Suite 1800, Fairfield, CA 94533. You may also hand deliver them. Please use the document coversheet..

Did you get my fax?

Due to high applicant numbers, we are unable to check individual receipt of faxed documents. Please retain your fax confirmation for your records.

How can I get my user name and/or password?

If you know your user ID, you can retrieve your password by clicking on "My Applications", entering your User ID, then click on the “forgot your password?” link. Fill in the information and your password we be emailed to you. 

If you don't know your User ID, please call the Human Resources Department at (707) 784-6170 during HR business hours and we will be happy to assist you with your user ID. If you no longer have access to the email account used to set up your JobAps account, please contact the Human Resources Department for instructions on how to change your email address.

I moved. How do I update my address on my job applications?

On our website,, please click on the link labeled "update my contact info" and follow the on-screen instructions. You will need the user name and password you created at the time you applied.

Who do I call about a problem with JobAps?

Please contact the Human Resources office at 707-784-6170 and we will try to assist you.

Are practice exams available for this recruitment?

Solano County cannot recommend any specific study materials for our exams. There are general, non-specific civil service practice tests offered online at the Solano and Napa County online Learning Express Hub:

Alternative: Solano County Library offers access to the Learning Express Hub, which offers online general civil service practice tests and e-books to help you prepare.

How do I prepare for an Oral Board Interview?

We have a guide available on our website. You can access the guide here:

Good luck with your interview!

I failed the exam, what was my score? Can you tell me what areas I need to work on?

Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose non-passing exam scores or provide feedback on exam performance.

I have a disability. How can I get an accommodation during the exam process?

An online "Request for Testing Accommodation by Applicants with Disabilities" Form is available at the link below.  This form must be received in the Human Resources Department by the final filing date of the recruitment, or (5) calendar days from application submittal if the recruitment is Open & Continuous or Open until Filled. You will be contacted to discuss the request.

Request Form for Testing Accommodation

Show all Categories