| || |
The birth MUST have occurred within the last 12 months; otherwise you must file with the State department. For more information to register Non-Hospital births over 12 months, please visit the State website
Non-Hospital births under 12 months old can be registered at our office by appointment only.
The presence of the mother, child and a witness is required to register. The process takes about 30-45min. The witness can be anyone who was present at the birth, such as the father, Midwife, friends.
You will need to gather the necessary information prior to your appointment.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE APPOINTMENT:
- California State ID or Driver's License for parents (or passport)
- Diagnosis of pregnancy from the physician or midwife (must be on letterhead)
- Proof of residency in Solano County such as an utility bill that covers the time of the birth
- If the child was taken to a neighboring hospital after birth, bring notification of birth letter from the medical records department
- Newborn Screening Test (PKU) results
- Marriage License (if parents married)
- Declaration of Paternity and acknowledgment of Paternity (if parents are not married, these forms are available in our office)
- Declaration of Domestic Partnership (if established)
- Worksheet and affidavit for Out-of-hospital births
- Affidavit of Birth Information for Out-of-hospital births (DO NOT sign this form prior to the appointment. It MUST be signed in front of a clerk)
- Notification of Registration of Birth which occurred out of a licensed health facility NBS-OH completed
- Birth Certificate Application Form filled out, but not signed
You can also download the "Out of Hospital Birth Package" for more information.